Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by spec29er
what size is that sirrus ?
Large.

also how tall are you ?
I am exactly 5 foot 10.5 inches.

and could you tell from riding on this Carbon Sport, do this bike is capable to ride on flat roads (with some small stones here and there and sand here and there) in woods?
I live in an urban environment and have no experience whatsoever riding on sand/gravel, so I would not be the right person to give an informed opinion, my apologies. Personally, I'd be scared riding on bad roads with ANY bike, even one with tires like this:

20" Mongoose Boys' Compac Fat Tire Bike, Black - Walmart.com

as I would feel very wobbly. It would be like asking a Floridian to drive a car in a Minnesota blizzard. Could the bike do so with an experienced rider, possibly - but my advice would be to call Specialized and get their take. The tires are not the super skinny road bike ones, so that would tell me that the bike could handle surfaces other than smooth asphalt - just by someone besides me.

i'm deciding whether to buy fast sirrus carbon or carbon epic ht.
but i only need bike to do a 1.5h cardio everyday, and my round is normal road and flat roads in wood.
so epic ht is probably to expensive and unnecessary for my biking as i never hit mountains or some heavy wood roads.
thus i'm looking at sirrus as it's fast but maybe not for woods at all.
I suspect this bike would be suitable for flat, non-sand/gravel roads with a proper rider on it. I inadvertantly rode over a short stretch of sand and did not crash, and felt that with more experience I might be able to handle imperfect road condiitons, but given how many potholes/lousy road conditions of my city there are, that should be a sufficient enough challenge to keep me busy for some time without having to try off-road conditions.