Bike Forums - View Single Post - Commuters, help me out. What do you think about bike lockers?
Old 08-08-16, 11:23 AM
RidingMatthew 
Let's Ride!

Bikes: --2010 Jamis 650b1-- 2016 Cervelo R2-- 2018 Salsa Journeyman 650B

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 313 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 12 Posts
my $.02

Do you presently use a bike locker? I do not use a bike locker but I worked to get two installed where I work. I do not pay anything to use them. I have access to a secure lab to store my bike in.

What type of locker would you prefer?
Ours are provide your own padlock and you can not leave your lock or your bike in the locker. You might be able to put a u lock on it but I think a padlock works better. I would prefer not to pay but I do not work with a ton of bike commuters. I could see how having assurance of a locker would be important if the demand is high.

I have never used a bike share bike. I borrowed a rental bike at the beach this weekend and I would have to say that I really enjoyed riding my bike on Sunday.

A bike share would be neat if you could ride to lunch and grab bike back instead of using my commuting bike.