View Single Post
Old 08-08-16, 11:38 PM
Doohickie
You gonna eat that?

Bikes: 1966 Raleigh DL-1 Tourist, 1973 Schwinn Varsity, 1983 Raleigh Marathon, 1994 Nishiki Sport XRS

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked 67 Times in 44 Posts
I've got a couple projects in the queue.

I had my 1983 Raleigh Super Course running just the way I wanted.... and crashed it yesterday. I think the frame and wheels are okay, but the Cyclone II derailleur is toast. I think I have an aRX around somewhere that I'll use in its place. I also tore up the Brooks bar tape and the hood on the generic brake levers I had on there. So it looks like new tape and probably new levers (unless I have some laying around that will work).

I escaped almost unscathed. I went down pretty hard on my shoulder but managed to roll upon landing. I was seriously worried something broke when I landed, but after some self assessment I decided I was okay to try to ride home. The shoulder was very sore yesterday but I held off on going to the ER. It's much better today.

The other project is just putting a new crankset on my fixed gear. It's a 2009 Schwinn Cutter which came as a single speed. I built a wheel with a flip/flop hub and have ridden it fixed for probably about 5 years now. The original crankset has the chain ring swaged to the crank arm and after so many miles the swage is letting go and there's a lot of play. Should be an easy changeout to put a new crankset on.

Unfortunately, those are the two bikes I put the most miles on, so I better get crackin'.

Originally Posted by bragi "However, it's never a good idea to overgeneralize."