View Single Post
Old 08-16-16, 06:31 AM
ColonelSanders

Bikes: 2017 Surly Troll with XT Drive Train, 2017 Merida Big Nine XT Edition, 2016 Giant Toughroad SLR 2, 1995 Trek 830

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1231 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by prj71 View Post
Carbon seatpost, racks and 2 x 10 gearing is why I would chose the SLR1 over the SLR2.
That is fair enough too.

When I bought my SLR 2, the store had discounted it by 30%, so it became a real no brainer, but prior to that I was struggling to know which way to go between them.

Because I am a heavy bastard, I actually didn't want the Carbon Seatpost and whilst I do place a value on racks, I wanted the RackTime racks, as they have a great interface built into the rack that easily allows for quick release baskets and trunk bags, whereas the Giant racks are just generic, so no quick release for you.

I am also someone who really likes having a Gear Display Indicator on my gears so that I can easily see what gear I am in, and the Sram shifters on the SLR 1, lack this. Now this doesn't matter to everyone, but it does to me, so when I get around to putting XT shifters on my SLR 2, they will have a Gear Display Indicator on them.