View Single Post
Old 08-16-16, 04:15 PM
osco53
Old Fart In Training

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 16 Posts
Northern Florida has,,Hills. more than I have In central Florida.

But If I want to climb on pavement all I have are Interstate overpasses, they work, Interval style.

My Mountain bike rides are In the old phosphate mines, a few places Like Alafia and Balm Boyette were left behind before the state mandated land reclamation went Into effect. Meaning our mountains go down not up
These places were left to go wild when the phosphate drag lines moved on, strip mining,, leaving us this wonderful playground.

We have many wide paved MUPS and quite a trail system, Lots of long Gravel roads on top of the levee at Trout Creek to Flatwoods and through the green swamp...

From a diistance I did observe a team practicing on a Cyclo race course at flat woods, was strange watching what looked to be road bikes coming out of the flats,(Mostly level Single tracks), then climbing the levee and then riders picking up the bikes and running/jumping over obstacles of pvc pipes. I know the woods well were they vanished Into,,dark, thick cypress and scrub oaks, Mud you ask? ,, You Betcha !
There is a yearly race out there, the guy In that video surly would know about it,,I forget the name of the club.
Could prolly be found on Swampclub.org

Last edited by osco53; 08-16-16 at 04:26 PM.