Old 08-20-16, 11:21 AM
Ride-Fly

Bikes: Colnago Mix, Dean El Diente Ti S&S, Lynskey Cooper CX Disc Ti S&S, Mondonico Futura Legerro, DeRosa Primato, Tommaisini Tecno, Ciöcc Mokva80, Colnago Classic, Brompton M6L, Bob Jackson Audax End-E

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Salamandrine
I wasn't aware that Rivendell ever used OS tubesets. I haven't seen one with OS, but the larger ones have those double top tubes now, which are kind of non-sensical to me. Do they use heavier gauge tubes? Tubesets type and gauge aren't spec'd on their site.

I think riv's are cool and all, and I like the frivolous curly lugs. I looked at them seriously, but the geometry isn't quite right for me. Besides, they're more pricey than Mercian, who are willing to adjust geometry to suit as part of the normal price.
Some Rivs are sweet and some are WTH? The double top tube frames are fugly. The Atlantis IIRC was nice. But as mentioned before, even a 1.5 deg slope is unsightly on a lugged steel frame. For some reason, it doesn't bother me on titanium, carbon, aluminum, or even non-lugged steel frames.

Right now, Mercian leads the way, followed closely by BJ.