Old 08-21-16, 04:08 PM
Ride-Fly

Bikes: Colnago Ext C, Colnago C40, Colnago Mix, Fondriest TF1 Top Carbon, Dean El Diente Ti S&S, Lynskey Cooper CX Disc Ti S&S, Mondonico Futura Legerro, DeRosa Primato, Tommaisini Tecno, Ciöcc Mokva80, Colnago Classic, Brompton M6L, Bob Jackson Audax End-E

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Originally Posted by nlerner View Post
I've done my long riding this year (one 360k ride and one 220k) on my 2003 Rivendell Romulus. Because I have a chronic pinched nerve in my neck, I need my bars up relatively high, and the Riv really is my most comfortable bike for long distances. It's not my lightest, but it does fine on the hills. The engine is the bigger issue.
Do you have other bikes to compare your Riv to? Wondering if your experience is similar to the two other posters regarding their Rivs.

Originally Posted by tombc View Post
OP what bike do you ride brevets on currently?
I don't do brevets...yet!. But I've done a couple of rides on my road bikes where I hit the century mark. Also done long multi day tours with the most recent being a San Fran to San Diego. The longest leg was right at 100 mi. I did that on my Dean coupled Ti roadie.

For loaded touring, I've done the Vaucluse region of France in 2013 and Estonia in 2014 on my Lynskey Cooper CX/commuter/tourer. If anything, I'd say the Cooper is the closest bike I have to fit Audax type of riding. It fits the bill, but I'm digging the lugged steel classics and hence, why I'm looking.

When I lived in Germany, I did a few organized sportif events but the mileage was no where close to 200km. I think the longest one I did was 120km sportif where we hit check points and got our cards stamped. Those were a lot of fun. Also done those on regular roadies.

Originally Posted by Chris W. View Post
If Mercian, and Bob Jackson are on your short list, I would also look at "Woodrup" framesets.

Cheers,
Chris
Thanks for the rec on Woodrup. I just checked them out and sent off an inquiry about the cost and details of their touring frame. Do you know off hand if Woodrup is a "refreshed" company like Holdsworth or have they been in continuous existence since its origin?

Last edited by Ride-Fly; 08-21-16 at 04:12 PM.