Old 08-21-16, 05:13 PM
Chris W. 

Bikes: 76' Centrurion Pro-Tour, 86' Specialized Rock Hopper, 88' Centurion Iron Man, 89' Bruce Gordon "Hikari", 95' Rock Hopper Ultra.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Originally Posted by Ride-Fly View Post
Do you have other bikes to compare your Riv to? Wondering if your experience is similar to the two other posters regarding their Rivs.

I don't do brevets...yet!. But I've done a couple of rides on my road bikes where I hit the century mark. Also done long multi day tours with the most recent being a San Fran to San Diego. The longest leg was right at 100 mi. I did that on my Dean coupled Ti roadie.

For loaded touring, I've done the Vaucluse region of France in 2013 and Estonia in 2014 on my Lynskey Cooper CX/commuter/tourer. If anything, I'd say the Cooper is the closest bike I have to fit Audax type of riding. It fits the bill, but I'm digging the lugged steel classics and hence, why I'm looking.

When I lived in Germany, I did a few organized sportif events but the mileage was no where close to 200km. I think the longest one I did was 120km sportif where we hit check points and got our cards stamped. Those were a lot of fun. Also done those on regular roadies.

Thanks for the rec on Woodrup. I just checked them out and sent off an inquiry about the cost and details of their touring frame. Do you know off hand if Woodrup is a "refreshed" company like Holdsworth or have they been in continuous existence since its origin?
Woodrup is still the real deal! I've had a couple of them, pretty sure I'll have another before I die 😉