Thread: BP and bad days
View Single Post
Old 08-27-16, 04:50 PM
mileslong

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
About eight months ago I underwent emergency surgery to to repair an abdominal aortic aneurysm. The first 4 months of recovery were very challenging: trying to figure out the right balance of medications, working to regain lost physical strength and dealing with the emotional issues of major surgery.

I started feeling so good I went back to work, only to realize in two quick weeks that I wasn't ready to be working full time. My BP was edging back up and my stamina was plummeting so I quit work and went back to the business of recovery.

Like you, I have good days and bad days. Yesterday I walked 18 holes (shot 77) and cut half my lawn. Today my knees have stopped working, my planned road ride couldn't happen and I have been limited to rest. My BP will probably climb a couple of points and my back will be sore because of the inactivity. I have to remember that, at 54 years old, I am not going to recover as quickly as I did when I was a college hockey player who could burn the candle at both ends!

Patience is the name of the recovery game. Hang in there, this too shall pass.