View Single Post
Old 08-31-16, 04:46 AM
Bikedued

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked 107 Times in 60 Posts
Epiphone SG. This is after an extensive cleaning, sorting out issues with buzzing and sound cutting out, new strings, etc. They probably took it to the pawn shop after the sound started going on it, when it was the filth on the inside of the cable jack, that was causing 99% of the trouble. I am hitting the guitar store this weekend to get some hardware for it. New non rusty screws, a nut for the tone control, and a set of knobs, etc.

It had a hard life, but no more. Seriously, there was actually funk built up around the frets that had to be scooped off, lol. A previous owner had also scratched "To fine to live", and "To fine to die" into the top of the body. They should have decided on something more like "Too stupid to live". Anyway this is the second Epiphone beater to join the stable in the last week.,,,,BD

I know, completely off topic, but I am wrenching on guitars lately. $65 out the door, not a bad deal.

The other beater. 2001 Epiphone Firebird Slasher. One year only model, with hot pickups. Very nice sound! I went looking for used pickups like this for the SG, but haven't found any yet. It was in nicer overall condition, but the neck needed adjustment in a bad way. It's all okay now. This one was $70 out the door. One that sold recently on ebay went for $221, so I didn't do too badly.

Last edited by Bikedued; 08-31-16 at 05:20 AM.