View Single Post
Old 09-02-16, 09:52 AM
Lazyass

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2432 Post(s)
Liked 638 Times in 395 Posts
Originally Posted by Still Pedaling
Thank you for that, I just looked it up. Sounds like a great supplement. Must get some.

This is the definition I found.

"Creatine is a nitrogenous organic acid that occurs naturally in vertebrates and helps to supply energy to all cells in the body, primarily muscle. This is achieved by increasing the formation of adenosine triphosphate."

Cheers
Wayne
I started taking 3 teaspoons of creatine a day (along with 1500cals of mass gainer) at the end of June because after being retired from the army for six years and doing no exercise besides cycling my upper body was shriveling up to nothing. I was getting stick arms and it was embarrassing. And I began a lifting, pushups, pullups, situps ect. program. 8 1/2 weeks later I'm getting seriously ripped, I'm outgrowing my clothes and am already more muscular than I've ever been. And I was an airborne infantryman for 24 years in great shape. Started at 138lbs and now I'm 154 and it's not fat. I did not decrease my cycling, I still ride 120-200 miles a week.

But what's surprising is how much it's improved my riding. I was already your average A group rider but now my solo average speed has increased @ 1 mph which is alot. I even set my fastest average solo of 19.4mph for 34 miles, doorstep to doorstep including stops. And that was on my vintage bike and with 29 years of road cycling experience and 15 pounds heavier than I was. I can just push harder for longer, climb/sprint faster before I feel the lactic acid burning. I'll probably take it for the rest of my life. Just drink lots of water with it.

I use this kind and take it with a glass of water. It's cheap and lasts over a month.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Six-Star-...88-lb/36210491