Old 09-02-16, 12:48 PM
elizwlsn

Bikes: Specialized Sirrus Comp 2006, Diamondback Ascent Ex 1989

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mstateglfr
1- Just look into all the different offerings by Schwalbe. The entry ones are heavy and rigid. They may be near flatproof, but they feel like you are riding on sticky pavement. The higher end offerings are lighter and more supple, while still being good for flat prevention.
I had a pair of Schwalbe tires that I quickly put on a bike I sold on craigslist. They were the cheaper Marathon GG offering, i believe. Felt like plastic, very rigid, and very slow moving.
My wife has Schwalbe tires that are light, supple, and feel quick when riding. Shock- they werent the cheapies.

2- As for 700c tires internationally- just look into where you are riding first. 700c tires arent a rarity in heavily populated areas of developed nations. Perhaps the specific tire you want isnt available, but some 32c or whatever size should be readily available. Bring an extra tire if you are going out of the country, sure that makes sense. Bring a tire boot too though...weighs almost nothing.
I'm REALLY glad you mentioned this because I thought the entry level ones were the only ones and that's what I would have gotten. I didn't realize there were higher end ones available. I will for sure want and get the better ones. Thanks!