Old 09-04-16, 02:24 PM
HiBoost

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Considering the Sequoia, but confused on specs...

Hi Everyone,

I am really interested in the new Specialized Sequoia for light touring and general all around road/gravel usage. My LBS doesn't have any of these in yet (maybe nobody does) so I'm left to parse the specs online for now. I'm really confused by the stack and reach measurements though. I currently ride a Cervelo R3 as my main road bike. I had also looked at the Diverge and AWOL but when the Sequoia was announced I felt it sounded like the best match for my needs. But check this out:

Cervelo R3 61 - Stack = 630, Reach = 405

Diverge Comp 61 - Stack = 643, Reach = 398

AWOL XL- Stack = 664, Reach = 409

Sequoia 61 - Stack = 625, Reach = 412

The progression from racier R3 to sport Diverge to touring AWOL makes total sense - stack keeps going up. But the Sequoia makes no sense to me. That has me lower and more stretched forward on a "light touring bike" than I am on an R3?

If I go with the Sequoia 58, the reach is 405.9 but the stack is only 604 so I'm going to be super low. I'm 6'4" with a 91.5cm inseam and 66cm torso. So the calculators definitely have me on a 61 in most frames. But in general I struggle with feeling too stretched out and usually end up running shorter than stock stems (like an 80mm on my R3). So that is what has me real concerned about these specs... hoping I'm just misinterpreting!

Thanks!