Old 09-04-16, 07:58 PM
HiBoost

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Brian25 View Post
I did not do any number research with your provided numbers, but as an ex store owner, someone 6'-4" trying to ride a 58 cm seems like torture. Usually 58 is for 6' rider, unless you are talking about actual seat tube length. I think that you should really figure your preferred head tube length, to achieve your best comfort level. Well that's my 2cents. (maybe at least 8 inches /200 mm?)
Yeah, all the calculators and formulas (I tried Lemond to Zinn and everything in between) all put me in the 61 range for sure. But like I said, any 61 I've owned I've had to get shorter reach bars and a shorter stem to be even remotely able to ride comfortably in the hoods. I'm just not very flexible. Meanwhile, I've ridden 58's a number of times (owned one for 10 years actually) and never felt cramped.

Originally Posted by jcmkk3
I have a 58cm Diverge and ordered a 58cm Sequoia. Despite the differences in stack and reach, I expect the Sequoia to fit pretty similarly. One thing to consider is the 15mm rise in the Sequoia's handlebars. Also, the Sequoia is specced with a 10mm shorter stem than the Diverge.
Ah, this is actually very helpful. I didn't realize that those bars had an upswing in them. I found another picture and see what you mean now. Also, were you given an ETA on yours? I haven't been able to get a solid date from anybody...

Last edited by HiBoost; 09-04-16 at 08:02 PM.