View Single Post
Old 09-05-16, 01:55 AM
immortal216

Bikes: Raleigh Route 4.0

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I was looking for a rack a little bit ago and did a TON of research. I wanted something that wouldn't leave scratches on my 2015 Toyota Avalon. What quickly learned was a hitch mount was considered the best however, it would have been really expensive to install the hitch then buy the rack. I think it was something like $400 total for my car. I was really close to the Saris Bones 2 until i found out it could seriously damage a "weak" bumper.

Another great trunk option was the Thule Raceway however, This was also really expensive costing something like $350 if memory serves me correctly. What i ended up with was the Saris Bones RS. This is pretty close to the Thule Raceway with the ratcheting straps, locking to your car so it cannot be stolen, 2 strap design for quick connecting and it also holds 3 bike although i have not tried this yet. I have yet to find a scratch on my car from it. all the contact components are coated in plastic so i wouldn't worry too much about damage. The price from amazon was close to $350 similar to the raceway however i found it for $200 new (just a little bit more than the Bones 2!)

Here is the link in case this is what you are after Good Luck!

Saris Bones RS 3 Bike Trunk Rack | Trunk Rucks | ERIK'S