Old 09-05-16, 09:44 AM
sbpark

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
Sweet! Given your needs and preferences, I think your set up is excellent, and you got a great deal! I have one suggestion if you will be riding in the wet and rain much, and that would be a longer front fender. I had fenders like yours for decades and they work okay, but the longer fenders keep my feet drier in the wet, and the lower bike and drivetrain cleaner. But even so, I think I have a man-crush on your bike.
Thanks for the suggestions. Fortunately/unfortunately I am in the SF East Bay, and it never really rains here. I am stoked on the bike for sure and really looking forward to commuting and not driving my truck to and from work. Just seems like such a waste to not ride a bike if I have the option to. It's a sweet bike, especially with the pedals, seat and fenders the original owner added. That saddle alone goons for $100-$130 apparently. Components on the bike are pretty low end, but they seem to work great so far, and I won't replace anything unless something breaks or starts going me trouble. IF we do start getting rain here again (i wish we would), then I will for sure take your advice and look into a fender that has better coverage.