Old 09-05-16, 10:46 PM
Bikerider007

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 460 Post(s)
Liked 54 Times in 30 Posts
Originally Posted by repechage
Spokes are Union Berg, appear the "rustless" version.
German. Rims are later , as seen by the label style. So, wheels are not original, as you know the bottom bracket is a replacement.
Circlip is behind the upper pivot arm of the front derailleur, it holds it in place under load. I am pretty sure it's later, but a typical wear replacement item.
Thanks repechage

Originally Posted by juvela
Thanks very much for this update.

Bottom bracket spindle marked 68 yet shell would have been 70. Is it 70 now?

Those Leggy Gaslos can be quite dear:

capsula gaslo legnano brev n. 368045 (come da foto) | eBay
Wow, nice perk I did not even consider.

I decided to go red on the tape, try to bring some color out. Newbaums color is not overwhelming and fades quite easy so it should fit nice and still look classy. Couldn't find any Gaslo and based on above I imagine its not cheap. I'll keep my eyes open though and may pick up if I find a fair deal. I did some light polishing of the decals in areas to see how they would come out and a good amount of color came back. A little more flat than original but look pretty good.

Going with gray cable as the original was. It looks brown in pic but was yellowed, ends were gray.

Debating on the hoods, any generic Universals out there? The NOS stuff is higher than campy. The originals are in bad shape. Not trying to turn this into an expensive project as its not original or clean as I prefer.

Last edited by Bikerider007; 09-05-16 at 11:20 PM. Reason: Spelling