View Single Post
Old 09-07-16, 10:00 AM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: '15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, '76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, '17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, '12 Breezer Venturi, '09 Dahon Mariner, '05 Novara Big Buzz, '12 Mercier Nano, '95 DeKerf Team

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1026 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
If given the choice-- and sometimes there isn't one, for example if you want a zebra print bag-- I will always prefer a clam style opening bag to an end-loader for the simpler packing and unpacking.

I also find the quick release Roller Mount Scicon uses to be a great ease-of-use item, which makes removing the bag (to take into a store/cafe, or just to access the stuff in it easier) a simple, quick task. No threading velco straps through seat rails, or fiddling around looking for the end of the strap to pull it free; just twist and go.

As a bonus, the Scicon Roller Mount integrates tire levers into the bag itself, making for one less thing to figure into the pack scheme. Convenient and tidy.

In the pic below, of the Scicon Elan Roller, you can see the ends of one tire lever where it slides under the mount on the bag. The other lever is directly below it, in a sleeve inside the bag.

Oh, and the only zebra hair seat bag I could find, from Krieg:

Last edited by chaadster; 09-07-16 at 10:05 AM.