View Single Post
Old 09-07-16, 10:16 AM
ckarr
Banned

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
regarding abu's criticism of the soma, the seat tube of the angle of the soma is more relaxed, i actually prefer that, i am currently riding a dutch cruiser bike and it is a good bike for commuting. the other mini velo bike's seattubes are more forward leaning, think like a road bike or track bike, more weight on your hands( but they at least you will go faster in that lower position.)

(as for the soma, the purist in me would prefer the seattube and the head tube to be paralel, the soma doesn't have that, so it does look a bit funny, but the paint job and everything else is good).

(read that this soma is discontinued, such a shame since it was one of the better looking mini velo bikes out there)

too bad these mini velo bikes dont' come with step thru frames, swing your leg over a high top tube to ride your bike is a bit weird to me now.

these mini velo bikes dont seem to have much options for tall guys. i might seriously consider one if it had bigger sizes. such a shame.

edit, thought i would add this, here is one of the better looking mini velo bikes i found ont he internet (the blue one)

edit, here is the soma (note it is a woman that is riding it, a man on the bike would make it look even smaller)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
soma_mini_velo_bart_blog.jpg (97.5 KB, 276 views)

Last edited by ckarr; 09-07-16 at 03:25 PM.