View Single Post
Old 09-19-16, 05:46 AM
joehayes999

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lowgear45
This is a fascinating bike... It is of course a lower-to-mid range model with economy of production paramount. One must assume that this is a bike shop that made an investment in a batch, enough bikes to allow their name (decal or engraved) to be placed on many components; hubs, dropouts, rims, etc. The Rino components are also an interesting feature. These look so Suntour but apparently are not. Those came and went in the 1980s, early 1990s. But were not at all bad for their era.

So, what's it worth? Sadly it has no collectibility among velo vintagistas, just too obscure and nor "fancy" enough. So in our area, sadly it would not bring more than $150ish for a college student wanting a inexpensive steel ride. But thanks for showing it to us!
Thank you for that. It is pretty much what I thought. The relationship between Rino and Suntour is a bit questionable, some say Rino were produced under licence, others that they just copied Suntour in the days when it was not as easy to keep track of what was going on in other parts of the world. Gilardi manufactured bikes from 1947 up to the early 2000's apparently. It cost me €150 ($165) + shipping + whatever bits I put into it (tyres, bearings, toe clips and quill stem).

Last edited by joehayes999; 09-20-16 at 07:46 AM.