InfamousG
My Alphabit's say "Oooo"

Bikes: Trek 4100 MTB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Getting the gut down?

I've never really been able to keep a consistent exercise schedule, even when the rest of my schedule is consistent. I keep it up for a week, 2, maybe 3 weeks, then miss a day or two of my routine and just fall right off the wagon of getting into shape.

Well, at my current job, I do a lot of heavy lifting (what I consider heavy anyways, ~50lb chunks of steel, carrying at funny angles and positions for about 4 hours of the 10 hour days I have a piece in my hands.) Because of this, my arms and legs have both bulked up considerably (legs because I havn't been able to bike due to the Winter weather).

Well, nothing in what I do at my job really stresses my abs or does anything to get the Muffin Top to go away. I know part of it is from not eating right, but I really don't have the means to have a proper healthy diet and still eat enough to not be starving. I eat a lot of fruit, but I also eat a lot of junk (pizza and the like).

Is there any relatively easy way to work on getting the gut down? I can't do sit ups/crunches for any more than 50 or so in a day because of an old injury that flares up and makes me feel like I'm going to pass out from the pain.

Any advice is appreciated.