View Single Post
Old 09-26-16, 06:54 AM
exmechanic89

Bikes: '00 Koga Miyata Full Pro Oval Road bike.

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 475 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by saint mucus
Yeah I'm just getting into cycling and didn't know anything at all about what to look for or even what bike I really needed. I joined this forum to kinda educate myself a little before I bought, man was I shocked, I can't believe the prices of bikes today, I had no idea. I started a thread and asked for advice on buying a sub $300 bike that would hold up and thankfully was directed to Nashbar and a Diamondback Insight 1. I'm loving the bike and now that I have it tuned up properly (took me a few times ) I'm impressed with how smooth and easy it is to ride, no complaints at all and my rides are 20 to 30 miles.
I always tell people, dont be discouraged thinking you have to spend a fortune on a bike to have something rideable. Because while there's nothing wrong with spending $1k or more on a bike, it's certainly not necessary. There are many rideable choices in the sub $400 new bike market. And in the end its really about the rider as far as strength and ability, expensive bikes do little to make someone significantly faster despite all the marketing hype and gram counting.

The important thing is to get out there and ride.