genec
genec

Bikes: custom built, sannino, beachbike, giant trance x2

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13658 Post(s)
Liked 4,532 Times in 3,158 Posts
Originally Posted by FBinNY
I generalized about cars and their drivers for decades, and still do to a degree. I currently live in an affluent county (westchester, NY) and see plenty of BMWs and other high end cars every day, and suspect that it's not as much the car, as the drivers sense of empowerment (resulting from affluence and social status, which allow them to own such a car).

However a few years back I rode into a gravity wave, and crashed in a way that had me bleeding from both arms and legs, plus my face. (5 areas). Before I had a chance to do a quick field assessment, 3 cars stopped to help, and protect me from traffic. After the drivers were convinced I was basically OK, despite appearances, one driver came and said, he'd be happy to give me a lift home, but couldn't take the bike. I told him the I could drop both wheels, and the bike would fit into the trunk.

So he led me back to his brand new white Lexus, with a white velour interior. We stowed the bike, and he found a towel in the trunk to cover the seat, and asked if I could hold my arms in and not bleed onto the seats because it was his wife's new car and she might get upset about blood stains. You had to be there, but this guy went well above and beyond and destroyed my illusions about cars and their drivers.
He probably drove a truck or something....