View Single Post
Old 10-03-16, 11:31 AM
OldTryGuy

Bikes: Day6 Semi Recumbent "FIREBALL", 1981 Custom Touring Paramount, 1983 Road Paramount, 2013 Giant Propel Advanced SL3, 2018 Specialized Red Roubaix Expert mech., 2002 Magna 7sp hybrid, 1976 Bassett Racing 45sp Cruiser

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1068 Post(s)
Liked 785 Times in 504 Posts
Originally Posted by Fldaves
I've lost over 100 lbs this last year and as a "present to myself" I decided to try 3Gap portion of 6Gap. I prepped for 5 months riding in Florida hills of Brooksville,SanAntonio and Cleremont. I finished the 60+mile 3Gap ride strong and have plans to do it next year. A week after finishing 3Gap I finished my first century ride in 26 years. After recovering from an upcoming surgery I'll start speed training to get back into racing after 30 years away. Good luck to all on this forum with your goals and ambitions!
FANTASTIC FLdaves

That was some great morning weather up there in Dahlonega and things didn't get too hot either. Got my 2nd Six Gap Century done and like you I also did some Clermont riding before. Have my right shoulder joint replaced in 1 week then Horrible Hundred. Sebring 24 Hours in February and Cross Florida in April.

BTW, you can still sign up for Horrible Hundred this year AND make it a century next year in Dahlonega.