Old 10-06-16, 02:51 PM
Refreshing

Bikes: Dropbar Karate Monkey & Raleigh Revenio

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by breakingaway12 View Post
So, how many I-am-gonna-get-lost-today-and-see-what-I-can-find bike rides have you taken so far?
Two years ago when I was living in Chaska I would head out at least once a week. There are so many damn biking and hiking trails that I would literally find a new trail every ride. Sometimes they were beautiful long paved trails through a forest such as one south of the river between Chaska and Shakopee. Other times they were old rough maintenance trails where I would have to shoulder my bike through waist deep water just to ride the entire trail. This would be the perfect time for me to share some photos and prove the awesomeness of my adventures but alas, I am on my work computer.

Most of my rides were between 30 and 60 miles with my longest being 107 miles (a bunch of roads were too flooded to pass and I got REALLY lost, even after pulling up my phone gps). I am not exaggerating when I say that every ride for an entire summer ended with me finding either a new section of trail within the city or a windy gravel road out in the middle of nowhere.

Now that I am a dad my cycling has been relegated to commuting everyday but I still yearn for adventure. I have already found a bunch of fun trail systems near Maplewood during my daily commutes into Saint Paul but I want to get out of the city (and away from people!) and see if the North East side is as awesome as the South West side!