Old 10-11-16, 12:48 PM
HiBoost

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by edthesped View Post
I completely agree but didn't want to say dam! that stem is ugly in case you put it on. I test rode the Elite the other day and it had a black stem so maybe it's something they're doing to the Expert build.

Also, did you have a chance to compare weight against the Elite? The Elite was very light and nimble and was a joy to ride. They didn't have an Expert for me to compare against but were pushing the Elite hard. I told them the gearing on the Elite wasn't low enough for me and got the I don't know what I'm talking about vibe at which point I went on my way.
I think you have the models mixed up. Mine *is* the elite. The expert is the white frame, 1x drivetrain, top of the line model. I didn't want 1x, nor the extra cost, and I thought the light green was a cool change in a world full of white and black bikes. I did not get a chance to do any weight comparisons, my elite is the only Sequoia my dealer has received at all. Only 5 in my size made it to the US so I was very lucky to get one at all. I'll post a weight on this when I take it to the shop later this week, but keep in mind that I'm a size 61 so all my bikes are going to be higher than "advertised" specs.