View Single Post
Old 10-12-16, 10:40 AM
Hypno Toad
meh

Bikes: 23 Cutthroat, 21 CoMotion Java; 21 Bianchi Infinito; 15 Surly Pugsley; 11 Globe Daily; 09 Kona Dew Drop; 96 Mondonico

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1110 Post(s)
Liked 1,013 Times in 519 Posts
Funny, when I commuted to an office daily, I use all of my bikes to commute. I work at a home office today, so "commuting" is typically a once a week trip to a coffee shop with my laptop. Yesterday, I decided to take the Felt road bike, it we fast and enjoyable. I like the messenger bag (Chrome Citizen) for most of my rides. For the pedals, I started using Eggbeaters on my commuter bike because they are easy to engage; now I use them on all my bikes (except the city bike).

IMG_20150501_153259_096.jpg

The Kona on the left is the go-to bike for all commuting, but on a sunny day, the Felt or Mondonico (green) are great fun. Days that require hauling extra stuff, I use the Globe (orange) with rack and panniers. And the Pugsley and Marin (26er with orange fork) are winter bikes, but I still take the Pugsley out on a summer ride... 'cause it's smiles for miles!

Edit - Afterthough: What is all this noise about spandex? SMH! It's a personal choice, I have a ton of spandex and I do wear it on commutes; but I have tons of causal riding clothes that I wear all the time too. And some days I ride in my office clothes. Who has time to judge my riding clothes choice... get a life.

Last edited by Hypno Toad; 10-12-16 at 10:47 AM.