View Single Post
Old 10-20-16, 02:53 PM
kaos joe

Bikes: Trek 5200, Rivendell Atlantis, Soma DoubleCross, Bilenky Signature tandem, Cannondale RT3000 tandem, Kona Explosif, Bridgestone MB2

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Ferdinand NYC View Post
Unbelievable. I took off from work today just to ride. There's no way I was going to miss such a beautiful day. Today was a remarkable gift.
You guys are killing me......had to sleep through it, no choice. But it wasn't going to happen again today!

Walked the old pooch, got him established on the couch, and then headed up to the mouth of the Nissequogue River in Kings Park. The clouds rolled in while I was eating a Clif (protein bar....yesssss) and it looked like rain the whole way home, but stayed dry. 57 humid miles.

Heads up- Old Commack Rd north of Scholar Ln is being repaved and is closed. I had to do some dirt walking. The pavement here had some truly hazardous holes and cracks so this is a good thing. It's part of NYS Bike Rt 25 so I'd like to think that's why it got attention.

"Silly question; why do you all brag about your speed and mileage instead of where you rode, the scenery, a new trail, a new route."

Aaaaand, here we go again.