Old 10-24-16, 04:16 PM
redlude97

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1975 Post(s)
Liked 232 Times in 173 Posts
Originally Posted by elquesifilma
Hi, I contacted a carbon frame repair shop and they said they could not fix it, although they mentioned the frame may still work, below is their response

"Not much one can do for that but the good news is if you get a new hanger you can install it using the one good
screw and the wheel/ skewer should hold it in place. Structurally it looks like it will still carry the load, just ripped off the hanger screw support material."

I am a bit nervous of whether this is a good idea, I usually ride my bike fast and would be worried going on a fast downhill, knowing the bike is not quite perfect... Allthough if not at least i am thinking of adding the hanger and using the frame as a bike trainer setup for ZWIFT/TrainerRoad, so its not a total loss.

noodle soup - could you please give me the contact of your frame builder to get another opinion? Thanks
isn't that section of the frame aluminum? I'd get a new hanger, attach with the single good screw, and use a screw, 2 washers on each side, and nut on the backside of the broken hole. Fill in the gap with JB weld if necessary. Sure its permanent but the RD doesn't experience extreme torque unless something bad happens first with the RD.