View Single Post
Old 11-04-16, 11:35 AM
bmthom.gis

Bikes: 2014 Cannondale Synapse Carbon 4 Rival; 2014 Cannondale Trail 7 29; 1972 Schwinn Suburban, 1996 Proflex 756, 1987(?) Peugeot, Dahon Speed P8; 1979 Raleigh Competition GS; 1995 Stumpjumper M2 FS, 1978 Raleigh Sports, Schwinn Prologue

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by decentdrummer91
I didn't ask for tips on how to be a better rider I asked specifically about wheels
Well it goes to follow that if you want better wheels than you want to be a better rider. And for what you can currently spend, there are other ways to get faster. There's no buying your way into performance. We know nothing about you. Are you a newbie who thinks if they spend x amount of money they can get x amount of performance, or someone who has enough miles under the belt where equipment upgrades would actually be meaningful?

Now we know you at least have some miles in your legs. Snarky responses are a result of asking open ended questions while providing minimal, if any details about yourself and what you want to do.

My answer remains the same - depending on your current rims. Are they deep rims already? If so, just ride them and keep saving up for a nice set of wheels. If not, get some aero rims with the same spoke count as your current hubs and the correct length spokes and have them laced up to existing rims.