View Single Post
Old 11-04-16, 02:37 PM
OldTryGuy

Bikes: Day6 Semi Recumbent "FIREBALL", 1981 Custom Touring Paramount, 1983 Road Paramount, 2013 Giant Propel Advanced SL3, 2018 Specialized Red Roubaix Expert mech., 2002 Magna 7sp hybrid, 1976 Bassett Racing 45sp Cruiser

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1068 Post(s)
Liked 780 Times in 502 Posts
IMO, the first thing to do is to have a COMPLETE BLOOD WORK-UP done. The description given by the OP was identical to mine and my decline was caused by a parathyroid tumor. It also turns out that I had a goiter on my right thyroid lobe so the lobe was removed along with the parathyroid tumor and THAT NIGHT after the surgery my life got better. Strength returned along with endurance and the guys I rode with were wishing I had not had the surgery.

NOW TO TESTOSTERONE THERAPY......

I have been getting Cypionate (testosterone) injections bi-weekly since January after I was declared PCa or Prostate Cancer free following my 12/10/2015 final treatment. The REASON I am getting the shots is that after being diagnosed with PCa in March 2015 I had a bilateral orchiectomy or CASTRATION to eliminate 90/95% of testosterone production as per the explanation in the linked article regarding T feeding the cancer. It was the natural way of eliminating testosterone instead of using drugs that have some lousy side effects. ADT or Androgen Deprivation Therapy is the drug/chemical method that most men opt for since they do not want to have their "manhood" taken from them.

I must have monthly blood work to track the production of red blood cells as referenced in the link along with PSA, testosterone and additional levels checked. This will be a life long process for myself along with a very healthy diet and continued exercise. I have improved in my biking but by no means have I become a 20yo or THE HULK. Testosterone replacement has a place in some men's lives but it can be abused as so many beneficial things can be.