Old 11-12-16, 08:14 AM
RobbieTunes
Banned.

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 378 Post(s)
Liked 1,409 Times in 909 Posts
the tortured journey keeping a Radac alive...

When last we met, the RD hanger had snapped off, and I'd tried 3 claws; decided the Radac was toast. In cometh a BF member with offer of a Cannondale "H" removable RD hanger. Hackwawing ensued. Filing ensued. Gnashing of teeth (which is not funny as I've recently broken two teeth through grinding nonsense...). Bad words emanated.

The slop inherent in 8-sp Campy was necessary. I think it may be working now. 2 miles of shakedown show a bit of a hesitation from 2nd cog to 3rd, but smooth sailing up the rest and full compliance descending the coggers.

I had a short cage RD/shifter set in reserve, just in case I wanted to cut down the angle of the dangle and mitigate any problems with a crooked hanger that simply cannot be remedied easily, but it's working on the 48/34 and 13-29 setup.

Topping it off was a very nice conversation with a sweetie named Rachel at REI, a friend of otto Rax, who is a friend of mine, quite maligned here on BF for his disastrous attempt to self-publish a book on dropouts and a poster (the project lost thousands). Since she was sweet, and Brian is such a nice guy, and I was in the mood, and she needed a road bike for RAGBRAI, I offered it to her. I figure the wrenches at REI can keep it going. We'll see if she accepts a bike with a troubled past and uncertain future.

8-sp Campy Avanti, DA seat post, Miche/Rigida wheelset. Box-o-Crap frame decal and other parts.....