Old 11-16-16, 11:55 AM
EnjoyinTheRide
Its all about the cruise

Bikes: 2014 Huffy Cranbrook , 2017 Huffy Classic Deluxe, 1972 Raleigh LTD 3

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
For the past 8 months ive been researching my next cruiser. Coincidence this may be but right now the firmstrong urban mens 3 speed is what I am going to purchase. I plan on doing this for xmas or soon after. Living where I do we wont see pavement or ground for months lol.

3 years ago I bought a walmart beach cruiser because I got a job cleaning a bar six doors up from my house literally. When I bought the bike i had no other expectations other than it getting me six doors up from my house lol. It has held up tremendously, ive gone 400 miles along the erie canal and other local spots since ive purchased it and i will never get rid of it.

Last year I decided I wanted to get a better quality bike for around the home and take the one above to my camp and use that there.

So I can say I have done my research here is what Ive found:

Giant which is made in the USA is a premium brand. They specialize in road bikes but do have the "simple" line in both single and 3 speed. $330. for the single speed, $485 for the 3 speed. The primary difference is the 3 speed has more bling on it, fenders, rear rack, front basket etc.....I decided Giant isnt for me because they really are not a cruiser bike company.

I checked Felt bikes. Very expensive and their models did not appeal to me. To much "bling" and again, they sell road/mountain bikes primarily. They did have a nice range however in mens and womens.

I also took a look at twothreezero (Or whatever they call themselves). I got the same reaction as Felt...blahhhh...kinda expensive

But Firmstrong here is the link:
Customizer | Firmstrong Bikes

They pretty much are a cruiser line...

Ive pretty much decided on the 3 speed mens urban. Im still playing around with the color scheme. the link above should show the red one with chrome fenders...The cost will be what the basic Giant single is so I will get more for the dollar.

I did compare specs on the above brands and a few others. Pretty much at this level most specs = ....

This thread sort of makes me want to buy it online right now lol....But I know weather wise whats in store for me lol...Hope this helps

Last edited by EnjoyinTheRide; 11-16-16 at 12:02 PM.