Old 11-19-16, 08:58 AM
Jiggle

Bikes: BH, Cervelo, Cube, Canyon

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
This slipping around on slick road shoes has got to stop.

I'm currently on Giro VR90 shoes with an SPD compatible pedal system. These shoes are light, stylish, and most importantly, I can swagger confidently when walking into the convenience store for a banana with the dignity of the best of the bipeds. The rectitude of my stride stands in stark contraposition to my riding mates on their slick soled road shoes. They walk with the finesse of a gang of foals that have just dropped from their mare, slipping, sliding, and clicking for balance.

Not to mention, they are also vulnerable to predators should their bikes become disabled. Don't believe me, try and throw a punch in road shoes. You'll end up on your face. One day the word is going to get out to the rest of the animal kingdom and road cyclists are going to be hunted down. Sure the fast guys will be fine but the real estate agents that only ride on weekends with positions so upright they resemble meerkats are going to get taken down as they get shot out the back of the pack. Don't believe me yet again? The Bengal Tigers in India have figured out those backward masks and are going on a rampage among the locals and Donald Trump is in the whitehouse. Nature finds a way.

But alas! I cannot stay with spd compatible shoes forever. Soon I will run into the arms of another pedal system that will not fit on the VR90s.

Surely you gents have carefully and maturely considered this conundrum. Surely you know how to add traction to a carbon soled road shoe or know of a model that would be a suitable replacement. This is the wisdom that I seek.