View Single Post
Old 11-20-16, 01:26 AM
RoadLight

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
It sounds like something in the bottom bracket to me. It looks like you've got the version of the frame with the press-fit BB86 bottom bracket. That's too bad---I hate all press-fit bottom brackets. Creaking is just one of their bad reputations. Another is service. I believe the Fuji Finest frame is also available with a threaded bottom bracket shell with a Shimano BB-RS500 bottom bracket. This would probably have been a wiser choice---if it was really available.

You need to remove the chain so you can test the bottom bracket bearings for resistance. Then press out the bottom bracket and inspect it and the shell. If the bottom bracket shell is not "true", then you have a defective frame and you need a new frame that has a true shell. You'll never get press-in bearings to line up properly if the shell is not true. I hope you can return the bike for a full refund if this problem cannot be solved to your wife's satisfaction.

Based on what you've written so far, I don't have much confidence that your local bike shop is staffed with a bike mechanic competent enough to deal with this. The bike needs to be checked by a mechanic with some good frame skills.

Kind regards, RoadLight