Tommy1955
Senior Rider

Bikes: 2017 Trek FX 3 Hybrid

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tombaatar View Post
I have ridden the trail after sundown and before sun up. The lighting is adequate in most places and there are generally people out. Can't say I can tell you what it is like late at night (say after 10pm) but most other times it always has people. Still do not recommend for a fast ride if you are trying to get a work out. Better to ride the White Oak trail between Allen's Landing and Studemont. Far fewer people.

How many miles are you looking to ride?
I don't know the distance. I've been there once on a weekend during the day and there was just too many people and dogs. On weekends, I generally ride Hershey Park and put in between 20 and 30 miles (sometimes a little over 30). I've never done a bike ride at night. I won't do a night ride by myself. I have a new 2017 FX 3 that will be ready tomorrow. I bought the top of the line front light (800 lumens) from Bike Barn and their best rear light (65 lumens) totaling about $175.00 in both lights. I bought the good wireless Bontrager computer for an additional $99.99. I can't wait to get this bike and try it out.