Old 11-21-16, 09:42 PM
floyd0117

Bikes: Fuji Royale

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Anyone ever had problems with touring-mates? Had to go on alone? What to do?

My roommate and I have been planning a month-long tour for nearly 2.5 years now ("planning" as in; seriously discussing it, building out bikes for it, buying lots of gear, looking at specific routes and dates, etc.) We are dead set on going, or at least have been.

Our fall quarter just ended at university, and it looks like my roommate is on track to fail his Physics class. Meaning that he has already taken his final, and has done poorly all quarter, he's just waiting to get his scores back. If he did indeed fail, then he has to take the class over the summer. Which would overlap entirely with our tour dates. I am a Physics major, so this frustrates me very much, as he hardly came to me for help, and he didn't seem to care he was failing.

The question; do I go without him? He's saying that he would be disappointed if I did, but I feel like it makes no sense for me to not still go if I can. We have talked about rescheduling, but I'll be starting a job that I have lined up, and have no idea if I will have a flexible schedule. Plus we have been planning this so long, it angers me to think about rescheduling. I have planned like the next 8 months of my life around the placement of this tour on my calendar. Also, perhaps most importantly, I love the trail and want to go, BADLY.

Anyone ever been in a similar situation? What would you do?