View Single Post
Old 11-29-16, 11:29 AM
Leisesturm

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2493 Post(s)
Liked 738 Times in 522 Posts
Originally Posted by kingston
I already said that I don't use blinking lights because I think they are annoying. You obviously don't mind annoying people.
You keep saying that. We get it already. But you are wrong. YOU think blinking lights are annoying. Not everyone else does. That includes a majority of drivers. A blinky says "bike" to them. Nothing more, nothing less. Most appreciate the heads up. YMMV.

If you are doing it right, your blinky will NOT be in a cagers face, blinding and mesmerizing... annoying, him or her as it goes through its elaborate flash pattern. You find blinkies annoying, because when you are tailgaiting someone that runs a Dinotte (made in Europe, go figure) or equivalent retina blaster, you are treated to the full glory at close quarters. No cager should ever be tailing a bicycle as close as one bicycle might trail another! Worse than annoying, dangerous, when one of those super blinkies wipes out your forward vision.

But, seriously, how often does that happen? I live in about the most cyclist dense part of the country there is, and quite a bit of the time I am the only bike rolling for quite a ways. It's not a big deal! There are more cagers running 4,000 lumen HID low beams that are tolerated amazingly well. Are you chagrined enough to consider a different line of argument? I've got more if you aren't.