Old 11-30-16, 08:33 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 97 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5030 Post(s)
Liked 2,348 Times in 1,376 Posts
Originally Posted by bikemig View Post
I don't know why MTBs are such a tough sell in Des Moines but they are. I'd start out at $150 in the spring and see what happens. It should be worth something in that neighborhood since it has been fixed up and it's very clean. Slick tires would help sell the bike as well.
Not sure what Im going to do with it. Maybe give it to a niece to try out some singletrack, or swap some components out and keep it for my oldest when she is bigger, or just sell it come spring.

I bought it partly because I saw some options on what to do with it, partly because its ridiculously clean after 20 years, and partly because I hadnt seen a late 90s Nishiki made in the US before. Figured at worst Ill just sell it for what I paid come spring.

I saw you are the proud owner of that 80s Stumpy which was listed without tires and a seatpost or saddle! That looked like it has some looooong chainstays.