View Single Post
Old 12-03-16, 12:56 PM
AdvXtrm

Bikes: 2016 Novara - Safari

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 384 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
OK, thanks for all the help everyone. I have a much better idea and focus now. The bear thing is a concern for sure. What do I need to carry, and how do I store the cocking items and food in a safer way?

I will steer away from foods that may spoil quickly, and also foods that are really messy and require more cleanup. Another thing I see, is that the further out into the wilderness you go, of course the more you need to pack in, and the more trash you'll have out to pack out to properly dispose of; so the less trash the better.

Well, since I have very little camping experience, and no touring experience, I'm going to start camping at home, and living out of my pack for a few days at a time until I've got that dialed in, and then I'll set out on short local tours, and then when I have that all down I'll go for longer and longer tours, and perfect my methods as I go; I know there's no teacher like experience. I'm gaining a great foundation here in the meantime, so thanks to everyone for all of your help. I've almost got my bike ready, all of my luggage, and all of my gear now. I'm getting close.

Last edited by AdvXtrm; 12-03-16 at 01:55 PM.