Old 12-04-16, 09:20 PM
twocicle
Clipless in Coeur d'Alene

Bikes: Tandems: Calfee Dragonfly S&S, Ventana ECDM mtb; Singles: Specialized Tarmac SL4 S-Works, Specialized Stumpjumper Pro, etal.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 15 Posts
My stoker's desire for a Body Float varies depending on the time of day, direction of wind, and of course if we have just ridden a particularly punishing section of bombed out pavement. No kidding. Today after the first 20 miles of smooth, the answer was NO... I'm fine (with the Pave carbon post and Terry Butterfly carbon seat). Then after 10 miles of banging frost heaves every 20 feet, she whimpered a - Well maybe we should think about it cause I'm bruised.

Other than the carbon post and 2 accessories (adjustment screw and cover bag) in the 3.0 package, what is the diff between that and the Alum post 2.0 other than the carbon costing a lot more and bling? Given the entire top section is the same, I doubt there is much of a weight variation and no need for carbon damping since the float takes care of all that. The Alum post might actually have more facility for attaching a post rack (should not do this with a carbon post).

Last edited by twocicle; 12-04-16 at 09:27 PM.