JehD

Bikes: 1981 Bertin C34 - 2020 Electra Cruiser 7D - 2021 Mongoose Dolomite ALX

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked 131 Times in 86 Posts
Electra Moto 3i longer term review????

I bought it so there is a review at post #7

After having an assortment of bikes over the years and at this point having sold them all off but 1 I was looking into getting a new bike. I currently have an Electra Cruiser. Steel, balloon tires and a coaster brake. I dont ride it as much I used to probably because having arthritis I find the pedal forward awkward and to me the coaster brake with the pedal forward setup hurts my knees.

So having purchased 3 bikes from my Local Trek dealer over the years I went back to the website to see whats new. I had a DS 8.4 a few years ago and thought it was a great bike and kinda regret selling it but in a 17.5 it fit perfect I liked the 29 in wheels, the gearing and the Hydro Disk brakes were awesome. So kinda what Im looking for but maybe a little less expensive. Pic for reference.

I thought about getting another DS even though its more bike than I need but a 2016 DS 8.4 is $750 a 2017 DS 3 (its replacement) is $880 and a little more than I want to spend. The current DS 2 seems pretty well equipped for $650

Anyway I found the Electra Moto 3i is on sale for $550.

29's, wider tires, a few gears (3 speed) and mech disk brakes. nice and simple. But very few real world reviews. Did the not sell well? Not hold up? Pure Crap? or a hidden gem?

Anyone have any real world experience on these? Is 1st low enough to climb a moderate hill? Is 3rd high enough to get a decent cruise without spinning the hell out it? I loved my DS but didnt need all the gearing. I know its best to go and ride one but Im just curious.

TLDR----Is the Moto 3i a good bike?

Last edited by JehD; 01-14-17 at 03:08 PM.