View Single Post
Old 12-10-16, 11:01 PM
Ridefreemc

Bikes: 2017 Kona TI, 2016 Bike Friday Haul-A-Day, 2015 Bike Friday New World Tourist (for sale), 2011 Mezzo D9, 2004 Marin Mount Vision Pro - for now :)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by CliffordK
I would think the school would have some counsellor or school administrator that would hang out in the parking lot before and after school to get to know the parents who show up to drop off and pick up kids.

Assuming this wasn't your first day, you're probably the most recognizable parent. That crazy dude with the cargo bike (& extra helmets for all the kids). Does anybody show up in a red Ferrari? All the other mini-vans just blend in. But, a few people will stick out.

When in Missouri, I was stopped at least 3 times for legally walking in St. Louis suburbs. Twice near the airport with a suitcase. Apparently the police officer thought the person walking with a suitcase was a greater security risk than someone driving off with a car full of suitcases.
Your comment brought another thought to mind. I was going to tell him that the chances of someone on a bicycle committing a crime at the school, in broad daylight, while wearing a bright neon green jacket and helmet is less than nil (not in list) compared to someone in a vehicle.