Old 12-14-05, 04:57 PM
catatonic
Chairman of the Bored

Bikes: 2004 Raleigh Talus, 2001 Motobecane Vent Noir (Custom build for heavy riders)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yep, the office has signed for packages on my behalf numerous times, from many carriers.

It seemed to not be the driver, but FedEX themselves chose to alter the shipment's signature requirements without permission from either party. Oddly for me UPS and DHL are the best carriers. I had great experience with Airborne as well, but they are like always, pricey as all heck.

If the driver was confused, it was in checking the wrong box on the slip....either way I just could not believe how inflexible these guys are.

I remember back when I worked for a start-up, I heard our shipping guy gripe about their support all the time...but he was a mouthy little prick...so I gave FedEX the benefit of the doubt. I could go on about my past experiences, but all it will do is spew forth bad vibes....there's been about 10 shipments in this past year, I had to make the 30 mile round trip on my bike (I live car-free) to pick up...one of them was 30lbs....in my messenger bag....man was I ticked off.

Good thing I got my videocard that's coming in tomorrow shipped via UPS, that's all I gotta say.