non-fixie 
Shifting is fun!

Bikes: Yes, please.

Mentioned: 279 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2193 Post(s)
Liked 4,587 Times in 1,764 Posts
Originally Posted by thumpism
While in Seattle in the mid-'80s I went into a nearby bike shop (a competitor) on my day off from working in one. Spotted a new Bianchi Eco Pista hanging up with a $5.95 price tag on it. Yes, you read that right, not $595.00 but $5.95. My size.

I said, "I want to buy that bike."
Guy said, "It's not really $5.95, it's actually priced at five hundred, ninety-five dollars."

I walked out. What can you do? Could have tried to make a stink with the BBB or someone but blew it off.
In my country the law says that if an item is priced at $5.95 the seller is obligated to sell it to you at that price. Even if he had meant it to be €15.95. That is, unless the mistake is very obvious, which would seem to be the case in your example.

I once went to buy a table lamp at a department store that was priced at $295. Nice lamp, fair price. Or so I thought. After having paid the cashier, and while the lamp was being wrapped up, the floor manager stepped up and said: "sorry, there's been a mistake. The tag should have read $1,295. I'm afraid you'll have to pay another $1,000 or give back the lamp and we'll reimburse the $295."