View Single Post
Old 12-29-16, 10:45 PM
RiddleOfSteel
Lugged, Dura-Ace Glory

Bikes: '87 Schwinn Prologue - '74 Schwinn Paramount P15 - '8X Davidson Impulse - '88 Land Shark Road Shark - '92 Specialized Epic Carbon - '15 Cannondale CAAD10 Disc - '81 Trek 710 - '92? Bushnell Track Bike

Mentioned: 150 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 782 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 18 Posts
I am building up a bike for my brother as a gift, and though it was to be with my '82 Raleigh 531 frameset, it will be from this 1983 Fuji Supreme that used to look like the picture but is in partial build-up now and will be built up differently very soon. Sweet ride from very inexpensive (or inexpensively purchased) and unassuming components. Planning on chrome fenders, used but good 700x32 Paselas, swept-back bars, thumb shifting (most likely), and a few more things. Looking forward to it.

Alas, there are a few bikes that I will be simultaneously attending to...

1) a NOS 2007 Novara Trionfo frame that I snagged an OEM-spec Columbus Carve full carbon fork for along with a Cane Creek Zero Stack headset. It will be my inadvertent "challenger" to my 2015 Trek Emonda ALR super lightweight build as the Trionfo (last year as a model, and top dog in the lineup) is also quite light. The Trionfo still possessed traditional frame geometry, and its "62cm" size is equal to C&V 63.5cm/25" which is cool. The Trek is modern compact geometry.

2) a 1985 Cannondale roadie in deep blue metallic. Will receive 9s Veloce and I can't wait to get to it!

3) Turning my '89 C'dale SR2000 into a Suntour Superbe Pro (and friends) affair.

After six or so days out of town enjoying visiting family, it is great to be back. I accept that I have, in essence, a bike shop in my apartment. My shame is nearly non-existent. My enthusiasm for these two-wheeled conveyances is undiminished!