View Single Post
Old 01-04-17, 12:14 AM
FBinNY 

Bikes: too many bikes from 1967 10s (5x2)Frejus to a Sumitomo Ti/Chorus aluminum 10s (10x2), plus one non-susp mtn bike I use as my commuter

Mentioned: 122 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4342 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Skipping the specifics, to which one can assign a value if he knows enough details.

However, consider --

Buying a fixer upper bike is like buying a fixer upper house. It can be a real bargain, but only if you understand what you're buying, what it will need, what that will cost, and have the skills and resources to do most of the work yourself. Otherwise your bargain can quickly turn into an expensive money pit.

The simple fact that you're here asking suggests that you lack the skills to bring this in at a reasonable cost, so I suggest you pass -- on general principles.

What you might do, is ask the seller what he'd want for it in ready to ride condition, then see if that's something you think you can work with.

An ounce of diagnosis is worth a pound of cure.

“Never argue with an idiot. He will only bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.”, George Carlin

“One accurate measurement is worth a thousand expert opinions” - Adm Grace Murray Hopper - USN

WARNING, I'm from New York. Thin skinned people should maintain safe distance.