View Single Post
Old 01-14-17, 10:00 AM
Velocivixen 

Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 380 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Welcome. Try out the site vintage-trek.com and see upper left side under "component date codes" or similar. It will tell you common brands and their dating system. Then, you find the date codes on your components, and match it up. This works if your components are original to the bike.
My Univega Gran Rally was unique in that it does not have the typical "Piccadilly" style Univega font. Instead it has the pre-Univega font of Ital-Vega. Ital-vegas, made in Italy, changed name as well as font as well as place of manufacture from Italy to Japan in 1977-ish. I confirmed the date by the all original components & their date codes as well as finding a 1978 Univega catalog with specs & images matching my bike.
Hope this helps.

“Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.” ~ Eleanor Roosevelt