Old 01-24-17, 02:46 PM
Jeff Neese

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1080 Post(s)
Liked 681 Times in 438 Posts
Originally Posted by Stucky
I want to be there on the day you try returning a tube!

[In a Beavis voice]: "Ummmm...this tube like went...flat? Heh-heh".

When you install a new tube and it fails when you first inflate it, any bike store is going to take that back.

I think there's an unspoken rule of "you rolled it, you flatted it" and it can easily be determined whether a flat is puncture or seam if one wanted to go through the trouble. I think most shops would take those back too, although they don't really have to after you put it on the road.

For me it's all about reliability and convenience, not cost. If you ask me while I'm sitting in the grass by the side of the road changing a tire, whether I'd gladly pay the extra $3 to not have to change that tube, my answer is going to be Yes. Or ask me right when I'm getting ready for a ride and I have a flat on the bike I want to ride. Yes, I would pay $3 not to have to stop and change the tube, right there in my garage.

So to me, it's always worth $3 to not have to stop and change a tire, whether it's roadside or in my garage. I just make that decision ahead of time, that's all. Plus two $3 tubes is $6 anyway. Pay the money - buy better tubes. Besides tires and brakes, what is more critical on your bike than your tubes?