View Single Post
Old 01-29-17, 11:34 PM
DarKris

Bikes: Giant Toughroad SLR GX 1 (2018), Specialized Hellga (2017), Nashbar Cyclocross Bike (Custom)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by mstateglfr View Post
Heck of a pricing deal for all that.

Whats next, Claris gets under the tape routing next year? Its only been a handful of years since Sora had that thumb button. Man what a change.
If that price holds true long term, then I could probably anticipate Claris getting phased out a la Tourney. My Claris groupset that I bought last year including shifters, derailleurs, and cranks costed ~$200 not including BB, chain, and rear cassette. While I did pay more for the R3000 parts (not from Ribble), the savings that I had allowed me to buy a higher quality rear cassette

Originally Posted by gecho View Post
I was kind of excited Sora still being 9 speed of being able to add them to my Trek 520 or trying out drop bars on my fat bike, but the whole cable pull thing keeps slipping my mind.
If it makes you feel any better, the Sequoia that I tried out was running an Alivo Shadow SGS derailleur w. 12-36t cassette. Even though I already bought the new kit I'm glad I found out about the cross compatibility issue as I was considering doing just that. It sucks but what can you do?

Last edited by DarKris; 01-29-17 at 11:47 PM.